Currently listing 74 recipes in 90 categories!Latest Recipes
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dried lavender buds
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small saucepan combine whipping cream, honey, and lavender. Warm over medium heat until mixture begins to steam, about 1 minutes. Chill about 30 minutes or until cooled completely.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
3. Whisk egg into cooled cream mixture. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing in for 10 to 12 strikes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat dough into a 10x4 inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise and in sixths crosswise to make 12 rectangles.
5. Place rectangles 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush rectangles with additional whipping cream. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove scones from baking sheet. Drizzle with additional honey, if desired. Serve warm.
Makes 12 scones.
This recipe currently has 0 pictures.
This recipe currently has 0 comments. Add your own comment in the right hand menu.
Rate this Recipe: Comment on this Recipe:
For spam prevention, enter code:
Other Recipes in this Category:
Recipe Cloud Tags:
Thank you, your comments will be reviewed shortly!